[Fails, UI Fails]
This is the dialog I saw when I launched Oracle VM VirtualBox today.
Pretty useful, at first glance.
Except for the fact that none of those links are clickable. They may look like links but they aren’t.
You may think that a quick solution is to
Ctrl + C, which should get you the text of a message box.
Except that this doesn’t work either. Nothing gets copied to the clipboard.
- Things that look like clickable hyperlinks should be clickable hyperlinks.
- If you want to help the user, then help the user. There are options
- Make the hyperlinks clickable
- Add a button that when clicked, launches the website to the desired URL
- Add a button that when clicked, triggers the download process in the background, and then prompts the user to install when done.